Soft raisin Bun
My son loves soft fresh bun, I have been looking for easy and tasty recipe for soft buns. Today I am sharing my recipe with you. I like to bake them a bit before my son finish school. They are still warm and soft when he comes home serving with a big glass of milk.
You first need to prepare your Proof Yeast in a small bowl:
- Yeast 1 TBS
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Warm water ½ cup
- Flour ½ cup
- In a bowl, put water, sugar and yeast, cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 15 min
- Add flour in step 1 slowly and stir it well all together. Set aside for 30 min
Preparing the Dough
- Regular Flour 2 ½ cups
- Wheat Flour ½ cup
- Dry raisin ¾ cup
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Vegetable Oil or Butter 1 ½ TBS
- Egg 1
- Milk 1 cup
Brush on bread
- Honey 2 TBS + water 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- In a large bowl, mix regular and wheat flour, sugar, oil, egg, dry raisin and the yeast fermentation prepared earlier in small bowl.
- Gradually add milk in the large bowl and mix well.
- Once your mixture is formed, take it out and start to knead your dough for about 10-15 min. until your dough forms in a nice big ball shape.
- Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and wait first fermentation for 2 hours.
- Once 2 hours reached, take your dough out and form in long dough. Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place 12 pieces into your baking pan. I like square shape baking pans. Cover with plastic wrap. Wait second fermentation for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- whisk an egg and brush it on dough before putting in oven for baking
- Bake for 15-19 min depending on your oven.
- Prepare honey and water mix.
- Brush honey water on bun right the way when bun come out of oven.