Easy Pancake Recipe
Weekend is coming up, need any idea for morning breakfast? What about an easy French style Pancake recipe? I promise it will only take you 5 min of preparation. The fun in pancake making is seeing the excitement of your kids at the table. I like to cut up variety of fruits, let your kids pick and choose their toppings. This way you could take a coffee and chic chat with your husband while the kids have so much fun with their pancakes. Stay zen and happy cooking!
- Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1 small pinch
- Milk or water about 1 cup and 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Baking powder 1tsp (Optional)
- Add flour, sugar, egg, baking powder and vanilla in a large bowl
- Stir little by little the water or milk. (Pancake batter should not too thick neither too watery. I suggest to add little by little and find your best consistency desired)
- You could let the batter rest for 30min or so. If rush in time, I sometime use it right the way and it is still fine
- Start medium heat, add some oil
- Add about 2 tbsp pancake batter in cooking pan.
- Spread evenly your batter in pan to create an even size circle.
- Cook about 1-2 min each side (I usually don’t make my pancakes too thick)
- Serve with desires toppings!
- If this is your first time pancake making, I suggest once your batter is ready, make one first pancake as your test. Taste if you like your texture and flavor then adjust your batter right the way.
- The beauty of this recipe is simple ingredients. You can prep them anytime you like! Even after supper as dessert with a scoop of ice cream! Wow your kids!
- Feel free to put salty ingredients in your crepe and serve as dinner meal. For example, ham, cheese, asparagus or even seafood with cheese.
- Mummy time saving tips: make some batter and store in fridge to use for 1-2 days.