Asian style Ossobuco (Asian pork shank stew )
I guaranteed your kids will love this dish, pork is tender, sauce is very fruity with all the fruits and vegetables I have incorporated . My son and husband empty their bowls!!! Yummy and full of nutriant for your small one. You have choice to serve on hot white rice, a great hot soup noodle or dip in a french baguette, basically you can eat with anything your kid wish for.
- 6 pieces of Pork shank
- 4-5 medium size carrot
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 small red pearl onion
- 3 tbsp mirin for deglaze
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of bulgogi marinate sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin in the meat stew
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp pineapple puree or cubes
- 1 medium size apple (take off the peel and core)
- 2-3 Zucchini
- Pan fry pork shank to seal the meat, about 4-5 min each side, until both side gets golden brown. Put in pressure cooker bottom
- Use the same cooking pan, add dash of oil (don’t wash pan), add garlic and red onion. Brown 1 min, until nice fragrance come out and nice golden. Add mirin to deglaze. Scrub all bottom sugar to get all the meat flavor
- Add deglazed sauce in pressure cooker
- Add carrots, water, bulgogi sauce, mirin, pineapple juice, pineapple puree, apple in pressure cooker
- Close your lid, start cooking medium low heat for 1hr (I like my meat tender). If no pressure cooker cook for 1 ½ hrs – 2 hrs medium low heat. Adjust depending how tender you like your meat
- Add zucchini in the last 5 min, keep your zucchini crunchy to contrast with your tender meat
- Ready to serve
- I did not add any salt in my dish, the flavor of fruits, sauce and meat were sufficient. Try your dish before adding any additional salt. Less salt with healthier kids!
- I used regular carrots to make this dish, however, you could also use mix color carrots for additional nutriant for your kids.