I love to use dry fig in my chinese soups. Lately, I have incorporated some dry figs into my daughter’s congee. Dry fig has sweet taste and throat soothing effect. A great list of benefits are hiding in this little fruit.
- help and soothe sore throat (Recipe 1)
- help dry cough and asthma
- moisten dry lungs that are caused by dry cough or dry weather
- help soothe weaken lungs cause by prolonged coughing (Recipe 2)
- nourish stomach and promote digestion
- promote fluid production through meridians of the lungs
- Ingredients: 1 or 2 dry figs, 1/2 cup of water. Method: boil ingredients a few minutes and drink liquid a few times a day
- Ingredients: 4 dry figs, 2 apples, 2 tsp chinese almond, a few white fungus, a piece of pork. Method: boil as a soup boil for about 45 min in 5 cup of water. (Tip 1)
- Use soup to incorporate in your baby’s congee making. Great taste and promote baby’s health. Remember not to add salt.