I am craving for Vietnamese grill lemongrass beef! I haven’t made this dish for a while and I want so bad this week. In order to make sure I am making the perfect lemongrass beef , I have done a whole day research online, gathered the best recipes and creating my best Angel version’s Lemongrass Beef!
You will notice in my recipe, I am creating a marinade paste for my beef. In my opinion, using my food processor and paste up my ingredients really helps to release all the beautiful fragrances of garlic, shallots and lemongrass. My marinade smelled so awesome, my whole kitchen was transformed in Vietnamese paradise. Happy cooking!
- About 1 lb of beef (I used ribeye)
- 2 sticks of lemongrass
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 slices of ginger
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- Little black peppers
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1. Create marinade paste with food processor; put in lemongrass, garlic, shallot and ginger. This is the base of your marinade.
2.Put paste into a large bowl
3. Add liquid in your marinade paste; fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, oil and lime juice4.Add white sugar and black peppers at the end
5.Slice all your beef in thin slices
6. Cover all your beef with your paste marinade evenly, making sure that all beef are covered with marinade
7. Marinate for at least for 1 hr or for better result overnight
8. Grill your beef in pan with oil, don’t overcook your beef If you like it juicy and soft 9. Serve on salad, rice or vermicelli10. I love eating this dish with homemade dipping fish sauce ! (Tip 1)
- The sauce ratio are; 1/2 cup fish sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp white vinegar and 3 cup of water. To make it tastier, add fresh minced garlic and red pepper.