I think most kids love pizza. You could create individual size pizza and let your little one design his own pizza. Or make a big nice pizza to serve your family and your guests. It is not hard at all! You just need to make some preparation in advance.
Mommy Tips: You could prepare your dough at night. Mix your ingredients and rise your dough, put in your fridge to use next day. Take out your dough from fridge after work and leave it on counter and let pizza dough to get into room temperature. A simple and fresh pizza could be serve the same night. It will be faster than order take out, I promise. Happy baking!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter or any kind of oil
- 2 cups AP or plain flour
- gently stir warm water, yeast and sugar in a bowl first. wait for 15 minute for yeast to activate in warm water
- mix the rest of the ingredients in the same bowl, stir well and start to knead your dough a little. The goal here is to form a nice ball shape of dough
- let dough rise for about 1-2 hours in room temperature. make sure you cover well your bowl.
- when you dough is ready, prepare your pizza pan by putting oil on. This will prevent pizza sticking after pizza pan
- then put your dough on pan and use your hand to flatten the dough outward (thinner in the center and thicker at the crust)
- Use a fork to poke some hole to ease the air to circulate while baking. This is to achieve a nicely bake pizza bottom
- put toppings that your family and kids love, top it up with cheese of course
- preheat your oven at 450F (yes is hot, no worry, we need to bake this pizza at high temperature)
- insert pizza in oven when temperature is reach. Bake for 12-14 minute depending on your oven. Check the crust closely for the last 2 minute to make sure no burning. Especially if it is your first few time trying the recipe.
- serve pizza hot and cheesy ! (my oven was baked 13 min)
Baking Tip: I have purchased this beautiful pizza pan with hole underneath. My pizza crust was so beautiful after testing my pizza in this baking pan. You could also bake in regular baking pan too. With my trial with this new baking pan,my pizza bottom was just more nicely golden all underneath my pizza. I bought a 12 inch size pizza pan, perfect size to fit my recipe dough.