Today I am sharing one of my favorite breakfast Recipe! Belgium waffles!! You could serve them as breakfast or dessert. These cute little waffles are our favorite choice of our weekend breakfast, my kids just love them. My kitchen smell so good as my husband was making them last weekend. There are some preparation you need to do in advance, but is really not hard. Happy waffles !
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 50g-55g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp oil
- 90g butter (melted)
- ¾ cup pearl sugar (100g) (optional to be added in batter)
- In a large bowl mix flour, dry yeast, sugar, salt
- add liquid in your bowl; milk, water, vanilla, oil, eggs and butter, stir well all together. It will form up a liquid paste, mix well making sure no crumbs in your mixture
- transfer dough into a cylinder container, cover with saran wrap and let dough rise for about 1 hour. I poke a small hole to let some air circulation for the magic to happen
- after 1 hour, cover well and put it in fridge (Tip 1)
- I use my dough the next day, take it from the fridge and it look so pretty. (view from my contenant) Leave it on your kitchen counter at least 30 min – 1 hr before making your waffles (Tip 2)
7. Turn on your waffle maker, wait until the heat comes to the right cooking temperature (your machine’s light usually tell you when the temperature is ready)
8. Scoop 1 1/2-2 tbsp of dough directly in the waffle maker. Don’t spread your dough, just slowly press your waffles machine cover and let the dough cook
9. cook waffles for a full 3 min for softer texture, 20-40 more seconds for a more crunchy style. Try to make one with your own waffle maker to test it out is best
11. top your waffles with any of your favorite fruits ! I love putting whipped cream yumm.
- After one hour the dough has risen, I like to put my dough in fridge and use it the next morning. However, If you want to use your dough on the same day. then let your dough rise 3 hrs room temperature on your counter and then use it on same day.
- Let your dough to get into room temperature and your yeast to reactive. Give it at least 1 hour.