I was looking for a perfect vanilla cupcakes for the longest time. I finally found it and made them this week. I am so happy to find this fantastic blogger who share tons of great baking recipes: http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2014/04/29/perfect-moist-fluffy-vanilla-cupcakes/. For sure I will continue to follow her to discover more amazing recipes. Thank you Lindsay !
I didnt make icing on my cupcakes because to me is a bit too sweet and I don’t want to feed to much sweet to my son. However, I know they are good tho!
This cupcake are really good for those who likes dense, moist and cakey style cupcakes! (which I love love) I almost had one each day when I was pregnant of my daughter after lunch. It was my pregger craving I guess. Happy baking everyone !
- 1 and 2/3 cup (240g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar (100g)
- ¼ baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup salted butter (170g)
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup and 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- In a large bowl put flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and mix well
- In another large bowl slightly melting butter in bain marie. I only melted my butter at about 80%, you dont want to have the butter too hot. (bain marie means: putting hot water underneath your bowl to disolve butter)
- Add vanilla, sour cream and milk into melted butter and mix with mixer for a few minute or until you see smooth texture
- Add egg white into 2 or 3 shots slowly. And you don’t want to over mix while you have your egg white
- Transferring first bowl of dry ingredient into the liquid batter. I mix with a spatula and fold slowly. Pour your dry ingredient within 3-4 shots and fold your mixture slowly and do not over mix too hard
- Pour mixture into muffin’s mold (I usually put muffins’ sheet on my mold)
- Put in oven and bake for 18-20 min or until it passes your stick test (Tip 1)
- Let it cool down about 2 min
- Use a wooden stick, insert in the center of your cupcakes. If it comes out clean then it means is ready.