Voila my version of Carbonara pasta this week. While I was doing grocery this week saw the perfect parmesan cheese to make my favorite Carbonara.
First time seeing this brand and stating aged over 2 years Parmigiano ! The taste of this baby was amazing, its granular texture melt in your mouth. not disappointed. Most commercial parmesan aged about 6-12 months, over 2 years we dont see often, unless you buy from cheese specialized store which cost you a fortune. This cheese we got it from Costco at a very reasonable price, so get it a try!
- 1/2 cup Pancetta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package of mushroom
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 person portion cooked pasta
- pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- chop all vegetables and set aside; mushrooms, onion and carrots
2. In hot pan, add pancetta first saute for 1 min until little golden brown, then add butter,onion, carrots and mushroom, stir well and cook for about another 3 minute or until the vegetables are tender to your taste
3. Add your pasta in and stir well
4. close your fire when your pasta is hot enough stir and mix everything well together. Add some gratted parmesan cheese and stir hot pasta with the parmesan cheese. just use the heat from the hot pasta to melt the cheese, make sure your fire is closed
5. Serve on plate, top up with more cheese if you desire! Enjoy