I saw very fresh rice noodle at my chinese grocery store. Don’t know about you, but I like to touch the rice noodle packages to make sure if they are fresh or not. And today, they were soft like cotton candy, I cant control myself, had to buy 2 packs home.
My husband loves chinese rice noodle stir fried. But it is a challenging dish to make at home, because you need to be quick in stirring and add enough oil (which scares me to see how much oil we need!!) However, I guess it is somewhat healthier that you could control the oil you are using rather than eating it out at a restaurent.
The trick to make this stir fry is to be QUICK! Put up HIGH heat, add your oil and wait til your oil is hot enough. As soon as you add in your noodles are in your wok act quick!
- 1 pack of Chinese fresh rice noodles
- 1 chicken breast (cut in long slices)
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 2 green onion
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 minced garlic
Marinate for chicken:
- ½ tsp Chinese cooking wine
- ½ tsp Soy sauce
- A pinch Corn starch
Sauce for noodle:
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown Sugar
- Marinate chicken breast with chicken marinate (see ingredient section) for at least 15-20 min
- Heat your pan with medium high heat, add some oil
- When pan is hot, add garlic and chicken in pan. Brown both sides of your chicken til 90% cooked. Set aside
- Put rice noodle in room temperature water to separate noodles from each other. Easier to use later on
- Dry rice noodle in a colander and wait to be use later
- Heat your pan again with medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of oil
- Add oil and shallots in oil, stir and not to let them burn. For about 15-20 sec, when you smell the nice fragrance then add rice noodle in pan
- put your fire to high heat now that noodle in wok, wait 5-8 sec to brown the noodle
- Quickly add noodle’s sauce in noodle (see ingredients section)
- Add an additional 1 tbsp of oil in circle on the hedge of your wok. This is to prevent noodle stick after your work. (Tip 1)
- After adding oil, stir quickly all noodles
- Quickly add bean sprouts and the cooked chicken In pan.
- Add another 1 tbsp of oil in circle on the hedge of your wok. Cook for 20 more second just to heat up everything hot. Then put everything in serving plates
- Swirl some sesame oil on to of your noodle if desire
- Add green onion as topping
- This is extremely important to add additional oil while cooking this dish. If you want your noodle to stay nice and not sticking on your wok. Rice noodles are very sticky. It is not necessarily the healthiest and oil free dish, but the outcome of this dish is all worth the calories.