Hi, I should have posted this recipe long long time ago, sorry for such a delay girls !! For those who are bored with baking lemon salmon in their oven, here is another new idea to try. First of all, I love love Tilapia, is a kind of fish that is easy to eat for kids, and especially Tilapia filet. This dish is also a great summer bbq idea, you could just put your filet in an aluminum plate and just cook in your bbq. cover or wrap your plate with an aluminum sheet will help to preserve the steam and its flavor. it will smell sooo good ! Happy cooking.
- 3-4 Tilapia filet (depending on the size of your filet)
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tsp sake
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1-2 chopped green onion
- little black pepper
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup of green vegetable of your choice (mine is a mix of kale salad)
- mix miso, sake, water, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper in a large bowl.
- then add your Tilapia fillet in one by one. make sure that every filet is cover with sauce proportionally.
- sprinkle chopped green onion on top of my marinated filet, marinate the filet at least for 1 hour or more for better taste
- add diced carrots, zucchini and green vegetable of your choice at the bottom of your cooking pan. put your fillet on top of your vegetables
- If bake in oven, set oven at 350 for 25-28 min, depending on the thickness of your filet. I had very thick fillet, so i baked for a good solid 28 min. Tips: I love this size and shape of aluminum plates, they are perfect size for this kind of filet baking. it goes well in oven or on BBQ. For BBQ cooking, i would use about the same cooking time as in my oven. Check within first 20 min to make sure you don’t over cook the fish.