- 1 1/2 lb of ground pork belly meat
- 3 green onion (optional)
- 3 tbsps rice wine
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsps sugar (or a piece of rock sugar that i used)
- 20 g ginger
- 1-2 cup water or chicken broth (ideally to cover your meat as it cooks)
- 6 tbsps of soy sauce
- 2 anises
- salt to taste if requires
Marinate the pork meat:
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- little white powder
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp ginger juice
1. I used pork belly and ground it myself at home. I found pork belly is better quality of pork to make this dish, great proportion of meat and fat ratio. 2. Ground shallot, garlic and ginger in food processor
3. with medium high fire, add oil and start brown the minced shallot first. and then add the pork as well
4. Brown your pork in 2-3 batches if it requires to make nice browning. it is an important step to make a nice taste in your stew.
5. Is best to transfer golden brown meat into another deeper pot for stew cooking.
6. add all your golden browned pork in your pot, rock sugar, green onion (if desires), all sauce and start the pork stew cooking with low heat for 2 hours. (make sure that there are only small bubble in your cooking. Note: The rock sugar serves to tender your pork.
7. The sauce should cover your meat as you cook, if not enough liquid then add either water or chicken broth to cover up your meat level. Check your fire to make sure your fire is not too high and dry up your liquid. Do not use high heat, I use low on my stove.
8. once pork stew is ready, serve with rice or vermicelli soup. Happy cooking !
- 1 pack short ribs
- 3-4 pickled plum
- a dash plum wine (optional)
- 1 tsp chinese bean sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 clove minced garlic
1- Marinate pork ribs with all ingredients listed above. set aside for at least 30 min
2- Make sure to break down the pickled plum in order to release of its flavor
3- Cook in steaming rack for at least 45-50 min for tender and juicy pork ribs
4- Ready to serve with white steamy rice
I love these fry finger food. Korean people love to have those finger food with Beer, this is exactly what me and my husband decided to have! My son of course will not say no to those crispy pork stripes. And I was very satisfy with how the crunchiness had stayed after a few hours. Tips: this is excellent choice for party food, prepare in advance and stay on serving table for a few hours and still taste good. Happy cooking !
- 6 Pork chops
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp korean pancake mix powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- some black peppers
- little chicken powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cold water
- oil (to fry your pork use)
1- cut pork in equal size stripes
2. Marinate pork in potato starch, korean pancake mix, cold water and salt, egg, chicken powder and black peppers
3. Heat your oil in a small pan and fry pork until cook. It takes about 3 min before it turn golden and you no longer see pink meat color
4. Ready to serve with rice and a nice cold Beer
Excellent snacks for kids on a weekend !!!
Feeling like some hot steamy pork buns for the kids on a Friday! Et voila made some this afternoon ! hope they will like them.
Happy weekend everyone !
What to do with some left over roasted chicken? I bought a whole roasted chicken from Costco last night for supper. And of course we can’t finish the whole chicken, in result we have a whole chicken breast left for the very next day. I made a simple chicken side dishes along with my Udon hot soup. Simple, warm and delicious. My one year old daughter loved this combination.
- 1 chicken breast meat
- a few drops of sesame oil
- some black sesame as topping
- some green onion as topping
- 1 package of udon noodle
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
I saw very fresh rice noodle at my chinese grocery store. Don’t know about you, but I like to touch the rice noodle packages to make sure if they are fresh or not. And today, they were soft like cotton candy, I cant control myself, had to buy 2 packs home.
My husband loves chinese rice noodle stir fried. But it is a challenging dish to make at home, because you need to be quick in stirring and add enough oil (which scares me to see how much oil we need!!) However, I guess it is somewhat healthier that you could control the oil you are using rather than eating it out at a restaurent.
The trick to make this stir fry is to be QUICK! Put up HIGH heat, add your oil and wait til your oil is hot enough. As soon as you add in your noodles are in your wok act quick!
- 1 pack of Chinese fresh rice noodles
- 1 chicken breast (cut in long slices)
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 2 green onion
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 minced garlic
Marinate for chicken:
- ½ tsp Chinese cooking wine
- ½ tsp Soy sauce
- A pinch Corn starch
Sauce for noodle:
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown Sugar
- Marinate chicken breast with chicken marinate (see ingredient section) for at least 15-20 min
- Heat your pan with medium high heat, add some oil
- When pan is hot, add garlic and chicken in pan. Brown both sides of your chicken til 90% cooked. Set aside
- Put rice noodle in room temperature water to separate noodles from each other. Easier to use later on
- Dry rice noodle in a colander and wait to be use later
- Heat your pan again with medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of oil
- Add oil and shallots in oil, stir and not to let them burn. For about 15-20 sec, when you smell the nice fragrance then add rice noodle in pan
- put your fire to high heat now that noodle in wok, wait 5-8 sec to brown the noodle
- Quickly add noodle’s sauce in noodle (see ingredients section)
- Add an additional 1 tbsp of oil in circle on the hedge of your wok. This is to prevent noodle stick after your work. (Tip 1)
- After adding oil, stir quickly all noodles
- Quickly add bean sprouts and the cooked chicken In pan.
- Add another 1 tbsp of oil in circle on the hedge of your wok. Cook for 20 more second just to heat up everything hot. Then put everything in serving plates
- Swirl some sesame oil on to of your noodle if desire
- Add green onion as topping
- This is extremely important to add additional oil while cooking this dish. If you want your noodle to stay nice and not sticking on your wok. Rice noodles are very sticky. It is not necessarily the healthiest and oil free dish, but the outcome of this dish is all worth the calories.
Voila my version of Carbonara pasta this week. While I was doing grocery this week saw the perfect parmesan cheese to make my favorite Carbonara.
First time seeing this brand and stating aged over 2 years Parmigiano ! The taste of this baby was amazing, its granular texture melt in your mouth. not disappointed. Most commercial parmesan aged about 6-12 months, over 2 years we dont see often, unless you buy from cheese specialized store which cost you a fortune. This cheese we got it from Costco at a very reasonable price, so get it a try!
- 1/2 cup Pancetta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package of mushroom
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 person portion cooked pasta
- pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- chop all vegetables and set aside; mushrooms, onion and carrots
2. In hot pan, add pancetta first saute for 1 min until little golden brown, then add butter,onion, carrots and mushroom, stir well and cook for about another 3 minute or until the vegetables are tender to your taste
3. Add your pasta in and stir well
4. close your fire when your pasta is hot enough stir and mix everything well together. Add some gratted parmesan cheese and stir hot pasta with the parmesan cheese. just use the heat from the hot pasta to melt the cheese, make sure your fire is closed
5. Serve on plate, top up with more cheese if you desire! Enjoy